Licences & Permits

You must obtain a licence from the Town Office if you own a dog/cat or operate a home-based business.  All licenses must be renewed in January of every year.

Dog /Cat Licence

An annual dog/cat licence ensures your pet is returned to you if it is lost or found running loose.

Business Licence

An annual business licence is required to conduct business in Marshall.  Once you received the business licence, you must post it so that the licence can be seen by the public.  You cannot alter, deface or reproduce your licence. Your licence is not transferable.

Please become familiar with the business licence bylaw 03-2005 prior to applying for a licence.


The following require permits...Overweight trucks, Building, or Demolition of a permanent or temporary structure, burning, and cemetery monument.